– The MM has no ash sweep system so ash has to be removed by hand after very cook
– Because there is no ash sweep you’re going to be limited to cooks that last a few hours or less. A cut out pie plate will help with that and allow for much longer slow cooks
– Again since there is no ash sweep drippings and ash are going to turn into cement in the bowl and on the bottom vent eventually. To prevent this always use two zone cooking, and keep two layers of aluminum foil or a Drip ‘N Griddle pan on the indirect side to keep drippings from dunking things up.
– The lid hook on the MM lid is just in an awkward spot.
– 4 legs is actually a negative when you’re not on a flat surface. If you’re grilling on an uneven surface 3 legs work much better.
– The cast iron grate is cast iron. It’ll rust and is hard to clean, especially after a 12 hour brisket or pork butt cook. Even with a coating you’ll burn through that in a year and rust will begin.
– The cast iron grate has no hinged openings, so there’s no way to add charcoal or wood without removing the grate.
– Weber comes with a 10 year warranty and Weber keeps parts in stock for just about everything they’ve ever made. I’m looking and the only thing I can find online is a 90 day warranty for the MM gassers.
– Cast iron air vents feel nice at first but in my experience they get hot enough to melt skin and always tend to seize up on cold starts once they get seasoned up with grease.
– There is no tool hook on the handle. Handle hooks are incredibly convenient for tongs and hanging a thermometer.
– Overall a Weber One Touch Premium is a MUCH better deal for only $50 more in my opinion.
https://abcbarbecue.com/ Slow N’ Sear
Facebook – http://bit.ly/therealshowbbq
Instagram – http://bit.ly/2CgpRLu
If you would like to help support my channel to keep it going please donate. https://paypal.me/therealshowbbq